Central NY Regional
Mar 14, 2018 8:00 AM:
Tech Valley Regional
Mar 29, 2018 7:00 AM:
Full event list
FIRST® Things FirstWhat is FIRST?
FIRST Official Site
FIRST in the News
FRC® Game Details
FRC® Game Animations
MultimediaFIRST Promo Videos
FIRST News Segments
Team 358 Photos & Videos
Team ResourcesStart a Team
Technical ResourcesControl System
General ResourcesOffsite Resources
Long Island Teams
FIRST® Robotics Competition (FRC®)
History Main | 2000: CO-OPERTITION FIRST | 2001: DIABOLICAL DYNAMICS | 2002: ZONE ZEAL | 2003: STACK ATTACK | 2004: FIRST FRENZY - RAISING THE BAR | 2005: TRIPLE PLAY | 2006: AIM HIGH | 2007: RACK 'N' ROLL | 2008: OVERDRIVE | 2009: LUNACY® | 2010: BREAKAWAY | 2011: LOGOMOTION | 2012: REBOUND Rumble | 2013: ULTIMATE ASCENT | 2014: AERIAL ASSIST | 2015: Recycle Rush | 2016: Stronghold | 2017: Steamworks | 2018: POWERUP
2008: FIRST OVERDRIVE
The Hauppauge Robotic Eagles Would Like to Give
Special Thanks to These Wonderful People:
- Mr. Scott Kraft for volunteering to be our teacher advisor this year, for his enthusiasm, and dedication.
- Mr. Mark McLeod for helping not only us, but seemingly every other FIRST team on Long Island
- Scott Schuler for being one of the principle driving forces behind our team from the very beginning
- Manny Morales for creating our scouting program and mentoring our scoutmasters
- Jim Chant for mechanical designs and dedication to a team far from his home.
- Gary DiBiccari for prototyping, ideas, and helping everywhere he's needed
- Joe Citro for electrical expertise and mentoring, CADing, and Fonar support
- Gary Fortmeyer for electrical expertise, prototping, ideas
- Pete Solaski for electrical & programming workshop support
- Fred Richter for programming workshop support, robot & field construction, and our new FIRST logo shingle to hang outside our door
- Susan Frank for programming workshop mentoring, chaperoning trips, and Booster Club support
- Dulcie McLeod for mentoring and editing the Chairman's and Woodie Flowers awards
- Pat Hughes for his invaluable expertise and help in installing, setting up, and training our students on our new milling machine
- Frank Saladino for his invaluable expertise and help in installing, setting up, and training our students on our new milling machine
Booster ClubThe Parent Booser club supports us with fundraising, travel, keeping us in the eye of the Board of Education, and allowing us to stay at the school until all hours of the morning
- Rose Morales - Madame President and "do everything" kind of person, and for giving up the PTA for us
- Teresa Ferraro - Travel & Fundraising Coordination/Planning, East/West Sponsorship
- Eileen Mass - Chaperoning trips, Team Supply Ordering, BOE Support
- Susan Frank - Chaperoning trips, programming workshop Mentoring, Booster Club Support
- Linda Esposito - Magnet and Misc. Fundraising Corrdination, Recordkeeping
- Gail Burstein - Working Fundraisers with Student Members
- The Bixson Family - Managing Flower Fundraiser - Booster Club Support
- Cindy & Mark Clifford - Coordinating Corporate Sponsorships, Homecoming, anything else we ask them to do
- Janet Kohilakis - team photos
- Lisa McMahon - Shopping and set-up for the Oldies Concert Fundraisers
- Marti White - Kick-off, Booster Club Support
- All the parents who have worked the fundraisers, car washes, donated snacks, etc....
Hauppauge School DistrictFor starting our FIRST program in Hauppauge and allowing us to work with professional engineers and compete.
- Superintendant Patricia Sullivan-Kriss for outstanding support of the FIRST program, obtaining grants for this year's essential new equipment- a mill and arbor press, including volunteering as the Long Island Superintendant representative on the School-Business Partnerships of Long Island (SBPLI) Council and Board.
- Principal Christine O'Connor for bringing in teacher advisors, scheduling and deconflicting fundraisers, coordinating the Homecoming parade
- HUFSD Board of Education for their funding, appointment of advisors, permission for trips, and other support
- Science Dept. Chair Rob Wankmuller for his constant administrative support of the team.
OrganizationsThese people provided us with technical assistance, such as special parts machining and water jetting that we don't have the ability, equipment, or skill to do in-house (yet!).
- East West Industries and the Ferraro family for their help in machining parts
- Dom and Mary Spinosa - Owners
- Frank Knoll - Engineering Manager
- Doug Trumpa - R&D Machinist
- Fonar for their machining support especially,
- Bill Wahl, VP Engineering
- Chris Spinoza, Milling Supervisor
- Karl Schussman, Machinist, Milling
- Enrique Medina, the welding for the tower, frame, arms
- Jeff Hargrave, Water Jet Supervisor
- Victor Diaz, Water Jet Operator
- Joe Nieckarz, "Fonarizing prints"
- On a side note we wish Fred Pierce who helped us last year, but is out for double knee replacement, a speedy recovery.
- Anorad for their excess of materials that teams across the island took advantage of
- Darius Bobelis, Director of Linear Motors
- Bill Scurry, Facilities
School-Business Partnerships of Long Island (SBPLI) - Long Island FIRST (LI FIRST)
SBPLI is the non-profit umbrella organization that picked FIRST back in 1999 as the focus of their efforts to bring high schools and businesses together to support each other. SBPLI raises the massive amount of funds necessary to run our local competition at Hofstra, support the growth of new teams, as well as, support all of Long Islands existing veteran teams. We help them put a human face on what they are striving to accomplish with robot demonstrations and students to talk to potential sponsors and partners. Some of the SBPLI events we've supported include fundraising dinners, business galas, trade shows, presentations to Long Island school district superintendents.
LI FIRST is an offshoot of SBPLI and is the group responsible for the actual organizing of new teams and the FLL and FRC events and the massive number of volunteers needed to run them all and insure they become self-sustaining. Our Regional Director heads this group and works tirelessly with all Long Island school districts to get FLL and FRC teams started, robotic curriculums, scholarships, enlist volunteers, organize the volunteer Planning committees for FLL and FRC local, regional, and off-season events on Long Island.
And of course all of our Sponsors